Winter Preparation for Your Car Just In Case
We’re not likely to see any snow here in D'Iberville, MS any time soon. However, at Pat Peck Kia, we always say be prepared, because you never know, or you’re simply traveling to a place that gets snow. Either way, cold weather that’s coming can impact your vehicle, and it’s better for all of us to have some knowledge on what to prep for.
- Checking your lights all around the vehicle, from the headlights to fog lights and taillights is important because this obviously is going to help improve visibility and safety in bad weather
- You also want to make sure your battery levels are good, and if it’s running low, consider getting a new one, because you want your vehicle to be able to start every time in the cold
- We also recommend keeping your vehicle in a garage if you can, as that keeps the battery warm. There are also battery warmers you can get that do the same thing
- Check your coolant and anti-freeze levels and ensure they are good because that’s going to help when it comes to starting the vehicle after a long period outside in the cold
- You should also check your washer fluid levels to ensure there is enough, and it doesn’t freeze over
- Always keeping plenty of gas in your fuel tank is also important, as it helps heat your vehicle
- Where there’s lots of snow you should own a set of winter tires, which give you added grip and traction and much more confidence
- Make sure your defrosters work, because you’ll need them on those cold days to get ice and snow off your car
- Keep a survival and first aid kit with you in the trunk or somewhere convenient. Include items like water, blankets, and a flashlight so you’re covered in case of an emergency
If you want to learn more, feel free to stop in and see us today. Our team would be happy to answer any questions you might have and arrange a test drive.