Simple Steps for Bumper Sticker Removal on Your Car
When you have a bumper sticker on your car, you’re expressing yourself, or you’re having it on there for a practical purpose like a parking permit. But, there might come a time where you want it removed, and to do that without leaving and stick or mess, follow these tips from Pat Peck Kia.
- With a sticker on a bumper, wash the surface where the sticker is located
- Use a hair dryer on the hot setting to soften the adhesive, working from the center outward toward the edges
- Take a clastic card, and at an angle on the edge, gently scrape the sticker loose using a sawing motion if necessary
- If the sticker is not coming off right away, go back to using the hair dryer to further soften it up
- Once you’ve removed the sticker, wash the surface again, and use the heat from the hair dryer to get off any residue
- You can also use some bug and tar remover to help get the rest
- With some detailing spray, cover the area where the sticker was, and use a cotton or microfiber cloth to wipe it off and finish it
- When trying to take a sticker off the window, you can also use the hair dryer method, but even using a razor blade scraper will work as the glass will be able to withstand it
- Once you have the sticker off the glass, use some glass cleaner to get the rest of the residue off
You can also stop in and see us here in our showroom in D'Iberville, MS and we’d be happy to answer questions on new Kia models and set up test drives.