Efficiently Cool Your Car with These Air Conditioning Pointers
It’s that time of year where when we’re in our vehicles, we’re cranking the air conditioning. That’s because in D'Iberville, MS, it gets hot out. At Pat Peck Kia, all our models can help you cool off with some A/C, but when you get in a hot car, and you want to cool it down quick, here are a few tips we have for doing that.
- You should check a few things regularly, and that includes the air conditioning suction vents, which are under the hood, and at the base of the windshield. Clean them out from any debris or anything that has piled up in there so you get the best flow
- Ensure your cabin filter is clean, and if you need a new one, we’re certainly here to help you get one inside your vehicle
- Check your coolant levels to make sure everything is in order, and only check when your vehicle is cold
- Use a reflective windshield screen when your vehicle is parked. This keeps out the sun and can keep the cabin a few degrees cooler, which is a plus
- When you start your vehicle, roll down all of the windows
- Turn on the air conditioning with the fresh air setting coming from the vents
- When you have the air blowing consistently, roll up the front windows and switch to the recirculated air, which will let the cool air coming out of the front vents going right back into the air conditioning, allowing it to cool more
- Shortly after rolling up the front windows, roll up the rest of the windows, and reduce blower speed to 50 percent or less, as your air conditioning will blow out colder air when less air is being pushed out
You can learn more by stopping in to see us in our showroom and take a close look at our new Kia lineup here today, and we can set up a test drive.